Thursday, February 28, 2008

Taking The Long Way


I wokeup this morning and had to go to White Plains to pick up the rental car for my long drive home. Of course the same car company, the same type of car, and the same everything is only about 6 minutes away at LaGuardia, but it is $1300 more than the rental in White Plains. Go figure. That pretty much sums up my financial problems in New York City.

So I go to Grand Central and asked for a sign that I am making the right decision and everything pointed to yes. The new train that went express, the Columbia Blue and Scarlet red floor of the new train, the smooth sailing. Until I got to the rental counter.

Even with a one way rental, you have to have a major cc and a return ticket. I did not have either. I had a debit card and no ticket. After 1 hour of phone calls, I finally sat down and cried and the lady at the rental counter saw me and gave me the car anyway. She was an angel.

I got an Impala and WOW! It is awesome; sunroof, satellite radio, gadgets I don't know what to do with and lots of room. It smells nice.
I once again asked for a sign I was doing the right thing. Led Zepplin, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Home, and Willie Nelson all came on the radio, one after the other. So this is it.

I am making my traveling soundtrack tomorrow night. I will have I cannot Believe I am Leaving This Place Crying CD, the I Am So Glad I Left That Hell Hole Tough Ass cd, the William Nelson/Johnny Cash CD, the Classical Music Chill Out CD, and the Upbeat Drive Fast CD.

I have to be back by Tuesday to vote in the Primary.

I am tired Y'all. When I return home I am going to go into a funk and sleep for 3 days. Then I am going to wake up and begin a new kick ass life.

This may be my last blog for a while. Then I will chronicle my trip.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything worked out with the rental car. That would have sucked!
I hope you enjoy your trip home! Be careful love!

February 28, 2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I miss you already! NY won't be the same without you - you made the big Apple feel more like a small town in Texas for me. Safe travels.

February 29, 2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yea you're almost home! Road cd's are MOST important. And crying in the car is better, no one that you know will see you cry & you can let it all out. Be safe!

March 01, 2008 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be in Cowtown June 10 - 25, and I'm buying you a drink! Godspeed.

March 02, 2008 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter