Friday, July 11, 2008

Texas, Non-Convenient Food Talk, Elder Characteristics, Man Stuff

“There’s no place on God’s green earth like Texas.” - John Ross (JR) Ewing

I love Texas. I do. When I lived in New York City there was not an hour that went by that I did not think on it at least once. In particular, Fort Worth. I was The Ambassador when it came to reppin the 817.

That said, I find it hard sometimes to get back to the easy life down here. I appreciate everyone’s friendliness and courtesy and good neighbor attitude, most of the time. There are times that I get all New Yorky on people and I have to catch myself and go back to my Southern-Texan hybrid roots. I actually honked my horn the other day.

This morning I was running late for work and needed to pick up a pack of ciggies. So I stopped at Quick Sak (y’all know the one by CHS in the Big R.O.) Well there was a lady that walked in right behind me for her morning Dr. Pepper. She conversed with the lady behind the counter the entire time she was getting her ice and drink. I was standing there listening to how her grandson wanted a pimento cheese sandwich last night but she wanted to cook dinner. He ate the sandwich but not dinner and then before bed he wanted a PB&J. Well she is not going to do that anymore. He is going to have to eat what she cooks when she cooks it. She has had it up to hear with cooking different stuff for everyone every day and she is just not going to do it anymore. I mean, they don’t need to go out to eat all the time and she has some good recipes she wants to try out. If they don’t like it, they can wait until the next meal or not eat at all.

You bored with that story yet? Me too. I am standing at the counter just holding my tits. She started in a on a specific recipe that the lady behind the counter was getting a pen out for and I said “I’m sorry. But I really need to go.” I got some Boo looks for that but I made it out the door about 1.5 minutes after that. It would have been sooner but I bought an Elvis lighter and she didn’t know how much it was so I literally had to do the leg work and run over there and see. I had to have that lighter.
In mine aging, I have picked up some really bad characteristics that I need to lose or I am not going to have any friends. I have been wearing my feelings on my shoulder lately. For instance, I used to give courtesy agreement nods to people who were talking to me about subject matter that I couldn’t give a shit about Recently if I am sitting and someone is doing this I sigh real loud, lean over the table, slap my flat palm on my forehead and close my eyes. If I am standing I just put my head on the wall and kind of roll around. That’s just not real good.

Oh, the Man thing. Tis either feast or famine. The truth is they all piss me off and I know they are going to before anything even starts. I have to find a happy medium. Should I just accept the fact that said Man is going to disappoint me and forgive them that because I already know that any man would? Or should I hold out for one that does not disappoint? That is like striking oil or finding a diamond mine underneath the floor in my closet. Hard to say. I will just go with the flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter